Current Research on Aging and Longevity
- Every year RAAD fest takes place in Las Vegas, with a motive to promote ageing as a disease and new ways to cure it. This fest is all about current research on aging and longevity which is going on, and it’s attended by some prestigious scientists and doctors like Aubrey de Grey, Bill Andrews, Greg Fahy, and Bill Andrews.
- According to Aubrey De Grey, there is a relationship between metabolism, damage, and pathology. In the fest, he explained how metabolism leads to damage and how gerontology thrives on minimizing those damages. Of course, all of this was in theory, and the techniques to follow this theory will be discovered soon.
- He had also explained that the body is designed to tolerate damage up to a point. And the accumulated damages overwhelms and produces several pathologies. The science of geriatrics seeks to limit the pathology that results from the damage.
- Dr Grey also talked about the concept of maintenance that limits the damage to the point so that it doesn’t create any pathologies.
- Another presentation by Dr Ray Kurzweil, the futurist, explained the advantages of artificial intelligence breaking the longevity code.
- Dr Bill Andrews, who is working in telomeres, explained the concept of telomerase, an enzyme that can lengthen telomeres. He also explained about telomere gene therapy which is currently being developed to increase telomerase and telomere length.
- CEO and founder of BioViva, Liz Parrish, talked about several regenerative gene therapies that her company has developed and can now provide.
- Dr Ward Dean talked about deprenyl and its effect on anti-ageing on restoring dopamine levels, declining sex drive, and resolve erectile dysfunction.
- Dr Gerg Fahy talked about the results of his TRIM study. He said that they could reverse the epigenetic clock of 9 individuals by up to 2 and a half years over a single year. All of this was done while regenerating the ageing thymus glands and restoring immune systems. He was also planning to start a phase 2 trial bigger, including both men and women and multiracial.
- The fest went on for four days, and there were more than 30 speakers and several companies from multiple countries to present their wares on ageing. So, if you want to know more, be sure to check the official RAAD fest website.
Disclaimer: This article is not sponsored by any brand or company. The information contained on Target100years is provided for general and educational purposes only and must never be considered a substitute for medical advice from a qualified medical professional. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription medication, are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals before beginning any nutrition or lifestyle programme. Target100years does not take responsibility for possible health consequences for any person following the information in the educational content.